Job Number : 9007
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Western Suburbs of Minneapolis
Type: Contract to Hire
Responsible for performing engineering project work with supervision by a Professional Engineer or Project Engineer III or IV (E.I.T.). Applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry a project through all phases. Participates in technical design, analysis, plan preparation, and assists and/or prepares written reports. May also serve as a construction observer of civil engineering construction projects. May attend city council meetings, planning commission and other agency review meetings.
1. Research - Obtain record drawings from respective city or related engineering plans or reports.
2. Site Design - Review governing codes and design sites to comply with setbacks, lot sizes, parking counts, greenspace and horizontal alignment.
3. Grading Design – Prepare proposed topography (storm sewer routing, finished floor or house pad elevations, vertical street alignment and erosion control). Extensive experience in grading modeling.
4. Hydrology Design - Analyze pre and post-development runoff conditions and design required storm water rate and water quality treatment. Calculate storm sewer sizes and grades. Extensive experience in a wide variety of stormwater solutions.
5. Utility Design - Prepare design for proposed sanitary sewer including slopes and manhole elevations and watermain systems including sizes, watermain fittings and hydrant and valve locations.
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum or equivalent, plus appropriate continuing education.
• Certified and Registered with the State of Minnesota as Engineer-In-Training or as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Minnesota.
• Previous Project Engineer experience in civil engineering field required.
• Computer experience (Word, Excel required or similar software).
• Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work under pressure and with time constraints.
• Must be organized and able to prioritize projects.
• Extensive experience in AutoCAD 2012 Civil 3D
Senior Technical Recruiter
MinnesotaJobs.com - 18 months ago
PrimeStaff is a Minneapolis / St. Paul Minnesota based technical recruiting and staffing firm specializing in the placement of Engineering...