TBS has been offering clients superior integrated professional solutions that are custom-tailored to meet their unique needs for almost 100 years. T. Baker Smith provides engineering, environmental, on and off shore surveying services as well as marine positioning and construction management services. Our integrated teams work together to provide our clients with a multi-disciplined solution to meet their needs.
We are searching for licensed Civil Engineers, with expertise and experience in the following practices areas, transportation engineering, structural engineering, flood protection engineering for work in our Houma, Lafayette and Baton Rouge, LA facilities and also Houston, TX and San Antonio, TX facilities.
Candidates must have 10 to 15 years of licensed experience in transportation, structural, or flood protection engineering. Experience includes project development and design consisting of the plans, specification feasibility reports, construction administration, utility relocation coordination, cost estimating, geotechnical coordination and basic knowledge of survey data collection, land rights, and regulatory permitting. Develop feasible design alternatives and compare significant parameters such as typical sections, horizontal and vertical alignments, right-of-way requirements and cost. Identify and analyze the principle design features and major design alternatives that satisfy the client and project's purpose and need.
Applicant has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in one or more of the disciplines described above. Works independently with minimal guidance. Has at least 10 years of engineering management experience and can provide guidance and mentoring to colleagues with less experience, review and check work products of subordinates, and distribute work and resources based upon ability and need.
Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Registered professional (P.E.) in Louisiana or ability to become a LA licensed (P.E.) with a minimum 10 to 15 years' experience in one or more of the disciplines described above.
Requires project management experience, including the development of project proposals, scopes, budgets and the successful execution and tracking of engineering projects for the discipline areas described above projects may include but are not limited to:
· Roadway design including geometrics, typical section, and drawings with emphasis on federal and state funded highway requirements.
· New Bridge and Bridge Replacement including fixed span and movable spans, approaches, and hydraulic analysis.
· Utility and R/W relocation protocol and coordination.
· Spread footings and pile supported foundations, pile supported structures, bulkhead/cofferdams and retaining walls.
· Reinforced concrete and steel structures
Flood Protection Engineering
· Levee and pump station design
· Hydrologic modeling
· Water control structure design
· Dredging and fill
· Computation skills
o Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D
o Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent in oral and written communication, internally and public. Candidate will need to have the skills to communicate clearly with clients and TBS associates, and provide clear direction to project team members. Must also be able to present project progress to clients and associates in a clear and concise manner.
· Applies knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations.
· Monitors and controls costs within own work. Solves moderately complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
· Manages own time to meet agreed targets; develops plans for short-term work activities in own area. Explains difficult issues and works to establish consensus.
· Proven Design Skills, Site Development, Database Design, Planning, Conceptual Skills, and Problem Solving.
T. Baker Smith, LLC - 24 months ago