TekSolv has been providing experienced, knowledgeable and quality professionals in the areas of Safety, Health, Environmental , Industrial Hygiene, Maintenance, Engineering, Rescue & Emergency Standby Services since 1999. Our services have spanned the globe providing our industrial, manufacturing, construction & government clients with cost effective services.
This Civil Engineering Position is a temporary, full-time position. Upon hiring, you will have complete a drug & alcohol test as well as a background screening. This person would conducts engineering and technical analyses and assessments for the development and implementation of routine to complex projects, studies, plans and various engineering activities requiring initiative and sound engineering judgment.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering. (ABET Accredited)
Experience and/or training demonstrating the following skills:
- 5+ years of progressive, relevant engineer experience in power engineering field, specifically transmission line design, including structural and foundation design.
Must possess a valid driver's license.
- understanding and applying engineering theories, standards, concepts, resources and techniques;
- working on complex projects independently and/or working with teams on larger projects;
- independently performs engineering and analytical studies while demonstrating sound problem solving skills.
- working closely with other groups within and/or outside the company;
- keeping abreast of new equipment, methods and developments in engineering.
- Experience demonstrating using design software such as PLSCAD, STRUDL, and other appropriate related software’s.
- Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet and e-mail software to perform work functions.
- Ability and willingness to adhere to safety regulations and policies and to wear and use safety equipment as required by Federal, State, Local and PHI regulations (for example, steel toed shoes, rubber gloves and sleeves, hard hat, fire retardant clothing).
- Ability and willingness to work in a variety of work environments which may include outdoors in all weather conditions, on or around energized electrical equipment, in confined spaces, climbing, underground and in noisy and dirty environments with proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- This position is a NERC Regulated position. As such, a background check will be conducted on the incumbent every seven years. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to complete annual NERC compliance training.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering. (ABET Accredited)
- Successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination.
- PE registration
- Coursework in power engineering or electric transmission.
- Experience demonstrating skill using design software (for example, CAD software, GIS/GWD, Visio).
- Experience demonstrating skill using Project Management software (for example; MS Project or Primavera).
- Experience demonstrating skill leading the development and delivery of routine projects
- Experience demonstrating skill reading/reviewing electrical system diagrams and construction drawings related to transmission line design, including structural and foundation design.
- Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based analytical software and/or presentation software.
TekSolv - 19 months ago