The Richmond, VA, office of The Louis Berger Group, Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic and detail oriented Civil Engineer (Drainage) with 6 to 12 years of experience for full time employment. The Richmond, VA, office primarily serves clients and projects throughout the state and the adjoining region. Successful candidates will lead design and manage aspects of the design of drainage and hydraulic systems for transportation projects for state and local governments, including the development of construction plans, cost estimates, bid documents, various calculations, and quantity takeoffs. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to lead teams of engineers and to meet project schedules.
Other preferred experience includes contract and client management, engineering studies, and team/task lead experience.
· Minimum B.S. in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution is required with 6 to 12 years of experience.
· Licensure as a Professional Engineer is required, VA or surrounding states license preferred.
· In depth knowledge and experience with developing drainage designs for VDOT is required.
· Experience with stormwater management and erosion and sediment control criteria and design in Virginia is required
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Experience with other regional agencies a plus.
- MicroStation V8i, ARCGIS, AutoCAD Civil 3D, HY8, GEOPAK Road, GEOPAK Drainage , PondPack, Haestad Methods Flowmaster, Hydraflow, Microsoft Office, and WIN-TR55 experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of HEC-RAS software
· Prefer knowledge of GRIT software
Because Louis Berger has offices nationwide, it is preferred that the successful candidate be willing to participate on projects in one of the other office or project locations away from the home office site for brief periods when required.
A valid state driver’s license or the ability to obtain the license within 1 month of hire is required. A driver’s license records check, criminal history records check, and a fingerprint check are required. Successful candidates may be required to travel as needed.
Interested candidates should apply on line. Please follow instructions below.
Applicants must state in their applications whether they have current eligibility to work in the US.
Preference will be given to candidates living in the proximity of a proposed work location.
To apply, please visit http://www.louisberger.com/resume/res_form/res_form.php , and apply by selecting the job(s) you are interested in, then clicking the link and following instructions.
Please have your resume ready to upload, formatted as a .doc, .rtf. or .pdf with your name and no other characters in the filename. Other formats will not upload correctly to the candidate database on www.louisberger.com .
Please include salary history/requirements when responding. The Louis Berger Group, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package.
The Louis Berger Group, Inc - 22 months ago
The Louis Berger Group provides civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and environmental engineering services for commercial and...