Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - General
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Bachelor's degree in civil, chemical, or environmental engineering or similar engineering degree
• Minimum two years of relevant experience
• Master's or PhD degree in related engineering discipline may substitute for experience
• Excellent communication skills required
• Must be able to work under the supervision of client representatives in a plant setting
• Fundamental project management skills
• Computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing, and data management
• Occasional travel required
• Valid driver's license required
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
URS Corporation is recruiting for a Civil Engineer to work directly with our URS client at the client's facility in Attapulgus, Georgia. The Engineer will provide engineering technical services related to our client's plant projects.
Responsibilities for capital/plant projects include:
• Performing necessary analyses, calculations, and evaluations using common engineering practice methods to provide solutions and recommendations to client's needs
• Project scoping, estimating costs, and scheduling
Coordination of client procurement policies and procedures
• Assisting with audits
• Regular communication with client will be needed to perform and to understand needs of services
• Requires a commitment to safety
• Understand the value of quality work ethic and performing work in a quality manner which demonstrates the concepts of continuous improvement
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...