Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - General
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field
• Professional Engineer License or ability to obtain one within one year of hire
• Minimum 4 years of relevant experience with an emphasis in civil engineering design
• Solid track record of project design activities including preparation of multi-discipline design packages
• Able to work effectively in team situations
• High proficiency with CADD (Microstation and/or AutoCAD)
• Extensive Experience in preparing plans and specifications for public bids
• Extensive Experience with hydrologic, hydraulic, storm water management, roadway and other infrastructure design
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Strong Computer skills with standard office software for spreadsheets, documents, and databases
• Valid Driver’s License
• U.S. Citizenship
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Civil Engineer for immediate employment for the Germantown office. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. This position will work as part of the Site Civil and Remedial Design Team and report directly to the Team Leader.
Position will prepare site civil design packages and will provide task management. The successful candidate will also direct staff engineers on a variety of assignments involving engineering for infrastructure design of water, sanitary sewer, storm drain, and storm water management systems, site grading, roadway and site paving, and sediment and erosion control. Other work will involve the preparation of drawings and specifications for civil works projects for private, municipal, state, and federal government clients. In addition to office work, travel to project locations may be required in support of field investigations and during construction. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those stated above.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume online at www.urscorp.com and refer to Requisition # IE75163
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...