Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Civil
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Minimum seven years of experience in civil engineering and overseeing task level management on projects
• Registration and designation as a Professional Engineer (PE) in California required
• Experience performing, managing or developing environmental compliance programs, monitoring and auditing programs in industrial/manufacturing settings
• Significant experience working with federal, state and local environmental rules and regulations
• Diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields
• Diversified knowledge of technology, materials, equipment, design concepts and construction techniques
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently at times with limited supervision
• Ability to apply mathematics research, gather and organize data from multiple sources
• Must have strong Microsoft Office skills (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); CAD, Microstation and Civil 3D
• Ability to solve complex issues with limited direction
• Valid California driver’s license required
• Ability to acquire Transport Worker Identification Credential- TWIC card
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
URS is looking for a motivated, team-oriented individual to be part of our expanding Port and Maritime Department as a Civil Engineer. Candidate will be responsible for planning, designing, and overseeing civil engineering tasks for airports, channels, dams, levees, waterfront, harbors, cargo container terminals, drainage systems, storm water systems, pipelines, pump stations, railroads, reservoirs and other infrastructure.
In this assignment, candidate will support senior staff and clients on a wide range of projects implementing and upgrading multi-media (air, water, waste) environmental compliance. Candidate will directly interact with multi-discipline teams within URS, as well as individuals from various units within our clients’ organization.
• Develop and evaluate project plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others
• Conduct peer reviews and makes technical presentations
• Conduct value engineering evaluations, determining alternative designs materials and building techniques
• Review and approves scopes, budgets and schedules for assignments
• Track overall financial performance of task assignments; this will include coordinating with the Project Manager to monitor sold time and work backlog on tasks
• Delegate work, mentor, train and supervise less experienced staff to complete assignments
• Function as task leader on moderate tasks
• Provide technical and financial direction to the task team
• Actively involved with clients and business development
• Support Internal Health & Safety, Quality Assurance / Quality Control, GP2W and Training programs
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
Do the best work of your life! URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...