Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Civil
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• B.S. Civil Engineering. Master’s degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to two years of work experience
• P.E. in New Jersey
• Professional Planner certification in NJ or the ability to obtain one within one year of hire
• Minimum seven years experience in Civil Engineering industry with Transmission knowledge
• Experience with NJDEP, Soil Conservation Districts, planning commissions, counties, and local municipalities
• Strong writing and permitting skills
• CADD and stormwater modeling software
• Experience with power and energy sector projects and client relations
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
The IE division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Civil Engineer for immediate employment in the Princeton office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Civil Engineering, specific to projects in New Jersey. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including permitting, field inspections and construction management.
• Organizes and conducts civil engineering related tasks and field work which has a well-defined scope.
• Researches feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions and regulatory agency specifications.
• This position requires the flexibility to serve as a cross-disciplinary resource to best serve the needs of the URS Corporation.
• Develop and evaluate project plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others.
• Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering for a moderate scope project.
• The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those stated above.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...