Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Civil
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
• Must be a Professional Engineer in the state of California.
• Minimum five years of relevant experience in civil site development and roadways, including site layout and planning, roadway design, grading, drainage, storm water management, and sewer, water, and storm drain design.
• Experience with preparing construction plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
• Understanding of project design activities including preparation of multi-discipline design packages.
• Basic knowledge of the installation and construction techniques required in the field and the potential obstacles that may be encountered.
• Must have knowledge of AutoCAD Civil3D, MicroStation, and InRoads.
• Proficient computer skills with standard Microsoft Office software for spreadsheets, documents, and databases.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Must enjoy self-directed learning, have an enthusiastic and energetic attitude towards solving engineering problems, and take pride in their role in producing high quality deliverables for clients.
• Candidate must be able to work independently and with others on multiple projects.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
The Infrastructure and Environment division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Civil Engineer for immediate employment in the San Diego office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Civil Engineering, specific to Site Development and Roadways. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The successful candidate can look forward to a variety of site development and transportation projects for private, local, state, and federal government clients.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
• The successful candidate will support project managers and senior engineers in delivery of site development and roadway engineering projects.
• Independently prepares design calculations or reports.
• Verifies that applicable codes and engineering standards and practices are being met.
• Resolves issues or problems concerning conflicting design requirements, specifications and/or difficult coordination requirements.
• May conduct peer reviews and make technical presentations.
• Performs constructability reviews of designs.
• Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work as a part of a major project or small-moderate scope project.
• Plans and prepares, or reviews technical specifications according to the contract documents.
• Interacts regularly with clients to expand work assignments or market new work.
• May be preparing marketing materials and making calls to potential new clients.
• Assists with proposals to provide services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs. May have sales targets.
• Receives instruction on specific assignments, objectives, complex features and possible solutions.
• Assignments have clear and specific objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables.
• Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
• Assigns tasks to and directs engineers, technicians and administrative staff.
• Supervises calculations by less experienced staff.
• Trains less experienced staff.
URS Corporation - 22 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...