Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Civil
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Minimum B.S. Civil Engineering
• Fundamentals in Engineering (FE) registration required
• Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, GIS, Hydrologic/Hydraulic models, and Microsoft Office
Must be able to:
• Work effectively in teams under budget and schedule constraints
• Communicate clearly and provide strong support for design projects involving plans and specifications
• Prepare portions of reports or study documents requiring minimal modifications
• Must have strong design and computer skills, enjoy self-directed learning, have an enthusiastic and energetic attitude towards solving engineering problems, and take pride in their role in producing high quality deliverables for clients
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
URS is seeking a highly motivated, team orientated, and productive engineer to work with an outstanding group of engineers and technicians. The successful candidate will gain engineering experience through project opportunities, become licensed as a Professional Engineer, and over time will have the opportunity for increased technical responsibilities within URS.
The Civil Engineer will support senior engineers and engineers in producing project deliverables for local, state, and federal clients including the following:
• Design documents (plans and specifications) for general civil, water/wastewater, and pipeline projects
• Preparation of erosion and sediment control plans and narratives
• Preparation of backup documentation to include: report sections, cost estimates, and design computations
• Watershed Modeling
• Stormwater modeling
• Hydraulics and Hydrology
• Make occasional site visits and document conditions in the field
The successful candidate will initially be given training in AutoCAD Civil 3D and will be expected to develop proficiency in the use if this software. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.
URS Corporation - 2 years ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...