Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Civil
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Minimum BS in civil engineering or related engineering field.
• Minimum 2 years of direct and progressive experience in civil engineering and site design, with experience in NC stormwater management
• Registered NC Engineering Intern required prior to employment
• Knowledgeable in coastal stormwater issues and specific requirements affecting coastal communities in NC and SC
• Must be able to successfully pass federal criminal investigation and background check in order to obtain DoD Contractor Access Card
• Ability to evaluate requirements and prepare bids and proposals, conduct preliminary evaluations, produce design drawings, prepare technical specifications, prepare permit submittals, and provide bid services and construction monitoring
• Demonstrated experience in obtaining required construction permits, including sedimentation and erosion control, coastal stormwater, and wetlands
• Proficient with computer systems, including Microsoft Office Suite; AutoCAD; and Civil 3D
• Ability to work with and effectively coordinate staff in multiple office locations
• Effective time-management, written communication skills, analytical, and interpersonal skills
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
This position will be part of URS Corporation-North Carolina's Civil-Structures Group in Wilmington. The Civil Engineer will actively participate in the execution of municipal and government infrastructure and civil engineering projects, as well as water/wastewater distribution, rehabilitation, and collection/pumping projects.
The engineer will also provide technical and design services in support of infrastructure projects, evaluate requirements and prepare bids and proposals, conduct preliminary evaluations, produce design drawings, prepare technical specifications, prepare permit submittals, provide bid services and construction monitoring, mentor and direct project staff.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.
URS Corporation - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...