Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc. is searching for an entry Civil Engineer to join our Middletown, CT office. There will be no- relocation assistance for this position.
The position involves working in a highway design team environment on a range of rural and urban highway, multi-use trail, streetscape and site design projects throughout Connecticut.
- Preliminary and Final Highway and drainage design
- Utility coordination
- Quantity Takeoff
- Engineering estimates
- Contract Documents
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable working on a team or independently
- 0-2 years of experience as a highway/transportation engineer; preference for candidates with transportation oriented course- work
- BS in Civil Engineering with minimum of 3.0 grade point average.
- Experience with ACAD required. ACAD Civil 3D a plus.
- Experience with MicroStation and In-Roads a plus.
- Experience with ConnDOT drainage manual a plus.
Consistently ranked by CE News as one of the “Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For,” Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc. (VHB) is an 850 person firm that provides integrated planning, transportation, land development, and environmental services from 21 offices throughout the east coast. Engineering News-Record ranks VHB 76th of the Top 500 U.S. Design Firms and among the Top 50 Transportation Firms in the Nation. VHB is dedicated to providing a challenging, fun, and rewarding work environment. Our staff enjoys opportunities to grow professionally and work on interesting projects. Our dynamic, people-centric organization focuses on a culture of collaboration, personal development, and developing lasting relationships both inside and outside of our firm.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VHB ensures non discrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. VHB Participates in the E-verify employment authorization program.