Perform engineering duties and activities required for the civil and structural design of a project. Strong knowledge of concrete and steel structural engineering is required.
Education / Experience
Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university. Candidate must be a licensed Professional Engineer or have the ability to obtain within one year of date of hire. A minimum of four years of direct experience and proven knowledge in concrete and steel structural engineering and design is required.
Possess skills in the following areas:
Duties & Responsibilities
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all of the following functions:
- Strong knowledge and understanding steel and concrete design
- Strong knowledge of structural analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of substation components and their functions
- Knowledge of common engineering application software
- Strong knowledge and understanding of engineering standards including NESC, IEEE, ANSI, AISC and ACI
- Strong knowledge of civil and structural design documents and drawings necessary to complete a project
- Supervising project team in a technical work environment
- Knowledge of common word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail software
- Working in a team environment
- Communicating effectively with co-workers, vendors, clients, etc.
- Supervise and coordinate all project civil and structural activities to ensure on time completion
- Assign tasks to civil design team based on project needs
- Work with project team to create or modify all civil and structural design documents
- Ensure civil team is using project specific standards and that the design effort is progressing in the most efficient manner possible
- Develop steel and foundation detail drawings
- Apply engineering application software for the design of structural steel, foundations and site preparation
- Perform engineering and design functions as necessary to meet project schedules
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with customer representatives, project team, and management
- Ensure civil team applies engineering standards including the NESC, IEEE, ANSI, AISC and ACI
- Properly use the document management system
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of his/her work
- Bring potential project-related problems and possible solutions to the attention of the responsible party
- Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignements
- Other duties as required
Dashiell - 15 months ago
Dashiell specializes in designing, building, testing, and maintaining high and medium voltage electrical systems for utilities, power...