Garden City, KS
Civil Supervisor is responsible for contractor civil activities during project implementation of wind farm construction projects; will monitor project progression and keep each venture on schedule and in compliance with codes, within time, cost, quality, safety and environmental to contribute to the efficiency of projects in the execution phase.
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
Responsible for all safety related construction activities; follows approved safety specifications formally records non-conformance and attends all relevant safety meetings
- Oversee and supervise on-site construction and installation of civil works relating mainly to foundations and road installation/maintenance.
- Supervise and monitor civil subcontractors in order to meet technical, quality and compliance requirements as set forth in civil drawings, specifications and schedule.
- Ensure all quality documentation is signed off and ready for handover per project schedule
- Perform all QC inspections in conjunction with the QC Inspector and release works before being covered up with concrete, masonry or other works.
- Observe and report findings of daily site activities from civil subcontractors; raise Field Observation Reports for deficiencies when required
- Manage contractor productivity, taking corrective action to ensure required planned production schedule is met; attend all progress and quality meetings
- Create reports to monitor, and track civil activities relating to project schedule through daily and weekly plans, logs and reports.
- Assist on-site construction team in resolving technical or engineering issues with vendors and contractors relating to civil disciplines.
- Assess and determine the actual progress on site based on approved production schedule
- In depth knowledge of industrial construction practices, power plant engineering, plant operation requirements, and environmental and safety requirements.
- Proficiency in monitoring contractors’ performance in the areas safety, quality, environmental conformance, and schedule.
- Review all drawings and notify the Construction Manager of any problems regarding constructability and design deficiencies
- Raise RFIs for unclear design, unspecified materials, discrepancy in the design etc.
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering or related field or equivalent of supervising large utility scale power generation construction projects.
- 10+ years’ major utility or major industrial construction in the civil field.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 100% of time including temporary assignment to projects.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently work outdoors in remote environments and will frequently be required to walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is required use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus .
If interested please email resume to EGPNA.HRRecruiting1@enel.com with Civil Supervisor in the subject line and salary requirements.
This is a project based assignment - please include your hourly rate.