Job Title: Claim Associate Adjuster
Job ID: 03473
Division : Claims Operations
Work Location(s): United States-Colorado-Englewood
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
-Depending on qualifications, the selected candidate may be considered for a higher level position.
-These positions may be in a Med Pay, PIP, or investigative unit at the discretion of the hiring operation.
- At the discretion of the hiring operation, and if applicants are qualified, some positions may be in an injury unit at the Casualty Claim Adjuster II level.
- Applicants who may be placed into Med Pay or injury positions must complete any required assessments.
A training position whereby the Associate Adjuster learns, experiences, and develops multiple skills and activities required of a Claim Adjuster. Participates in required training activities, and learns investigation and settlement techniques. Learns and develops an understanding of corporate procedures and philosophies. Supports the Claim Division goal of ensuring customer service industry leadership and learns the value of partnering with agency to deliver seamless customer service. This position is part of the job family for all Claim disciplines.
- Acquiring Claims Knowledge (100%)
- Attends a New Employee Training program held at local office. Training includes various system training associated with claim processing.
- Attends a New Employee Training program held at American Family Headquarters in Madison, Wisconsin. Topics covered include: American Family policy and procedures and company culture and their application to the Claim environment.
- Participates in an on-the-job training program and job shadowing experience which provide opportunities to apply claim processing knowledge gained through the New Employee Training program. Training will include exploration of the agent role in the claim process.
- Completes discipline specific training as assigned. This entry-level position is part of the Adjuster and Senior Adjuster job family for one of the following disciplines: Casualty, Physical Damage, Property, Commercial Farm/Ranch or Workers Compensation.
- Partners with management to select and enroll in one to two American Family general education courses offered via the Learning Connection. In addition selects and enrolls in an Insurance industry course from either the Insurance Institute of America or the Associate in Claims Program.
- Handles files with limited authority based on management discretion.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Information Gathering
- Planning & Organizing
- Self Development
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
A 45-60 minute online assessment will be administered to candidates selected to interview for this position.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded geographically,...