Perform assignments, tasks or activities that contribute to the overall business objectives of the corporation and the business divisions being supported. Develop and maintain strong relationships with both external and internal customers in an effort to increase productivity with a focus on achieving claims handling excellence. Maintain proactive management of claims by focusing efforts toward expedient and equitable resolutions and insuring established reserves reflect ACE North American’s financial exposure. Provide timely and appropriate direction and authority to ESIS.
• Establish strong relationships with ESIS
• Oversight management of approximately 600 claims
• Provide direction, reserve and settlement authority to claim handlers as outlined in ACE North American Claim Handling Guidelines and within Director’s authority, elevating requests above authority to appropriate management levels for approval
• Perform assignments, tasks or activities that contribute to the overall objectives of the business division being supported including but not limited to; conducting audits, providing financial analysis on reserve adequacy, identifying occupational disease exposures, and providing expertise on jurisdictional nuances.
• Work closely with other ACE disciplines in a team environment consisting of underwriting, actuarial, legal and accounting
• Ensure all recovery opportunities are investigated and explored
• Participate in the assigned weekly rotation Claim Loss Report (CLR) Committee to discuss complex claims
• Identify trends to determine individual or office weaknesses and develop action plans to correct negative trends and establish monitoring method to insure action plans have been successfully implemented.
• Responsible for implementation, monitoring and reporting on results of assigned special projects
• Participation in jurisdictional or procedural training by ACE North American Claims
• Facilitate training for emerging jurisdictional or procedural issues
• Demonstrate skills in the following competencies: Strategic Leadership,
Business Acumen, Orientation to Results, Influencing Outcomes, and Focus on Development
• Have an excellent understanding and demonstrated ability to apply the technical aspects of claim handling
• Effectively evaluate programs and procedures for continuous improvements
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years WC claims and/or legal experience supervisory experience a plus
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent business experience
• Working knowledge of industry best practices and procedures
• Ability to make prompt, intelligent decisions based upon detailed analysis of complex issues
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, negotiation skills and influence management skills
• Ability to manage and operate in a team effectively
• Ability to facilitate and lead group(s) of people
• Demonstrate a proactive approach to servicing both external and internal customers
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive approach
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Insurance courses a plus
Ace Group - 20 months ago
The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides...