Provides guidance for the assignment of cases to outside counsel and evaluates their performance. Responsible for maintaining best practice and expense controls of files and litigation costs. Develops, prepares and implements claim litigation strategy. Provides litigation assistance to claims personnel. Responsible for the management of litigation related vendors and provides back up support for the legal bill review analyst.
Role Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• Juris Doctorate or claims related industry designation (CPCU, SCLA) is preferred
• 10+ years of progressive experience with relevant insurance defense litigation experience with a carrier or as counsel
• Oversight of complex personal and commercial litigation
• Claims consulting or management experience is required
• Experience with legal billing including web based applications and UTBMS coding
• Understanding of vendor management protocols and programs available for the litigation product
• Strong decision making, research and negotiation skills
• Ability to manage projects and develop programs
• Analytical skills related to data and metrics
• Automation skills; experience with Microsoft Excel is required, experience with web based reporting and basic data base functionality is preferred
• Maintain knowledge of legislative and industry-related initiatives and judicial trends
• Strong and effective communication skills (written and oral)
• Self motivated with excellent time management and highly developed multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and also successfully function as an individual contributor
• Travel as needed to meet business needs
Executive Search Firms and Staffing Agencies:
Please be advised that The Main Street America Group (The MSA Group) only accepts resumes from agencies with which we have an executed contract with for a particular position. Accordingly, The MSA Group is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not party to an agreement with The MSA Group. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly or indirectly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of The MSA Group.
- Insurance Legal and Regulatory Environment: Knowledge and understanding of state laws and regulations affecting insurance practices.
-Product and Vendor Evaluation: Knowledge of process for evaluation and selection of products, tools, services and infrastructure components in line with organization's business needs and architectural principles.
-Litigation Management: Knowledge of substantive and procedural law and ability to apply that knowledge to legal negotiation and formal litigation.
-Claims Knowledge: Knowledge of the full spectrum of activities, practices, tools, and considerations for managing the claims adjustment process.
Negotiation and Settlement: Knowledge of principles, techniques and practices of negotiation and settlement of claims.
The Main Street America Group - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -