For more than 130 years, Chubb & Son, a division of Federal Insurance Company has been delivering exceptional property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals around the world.
Today, we are the 10th largest property and casualty insurer in the United States and have a worldwide network of some 120 offices in 26 countries staffed by 10,200 employees. The Chubb Corporation reported $52.2 billion in assets and $13.6 billion in revenues in 2012. According to Fortune magazine, Chubb is the 202nd largest U.S.-based corporation.
We have emerged as a leader in the insurance industry not only on the basis of our size or our longevity. We consistently strive to build lasting relationships with our customers and 8,500 independent agents and brokers, and we aim to be the best at what we do by delivering unparalleled service and innovative, scalable and specialized products backed by financial strength and third-party endorsements.
Chubb is currently seeking a Claim Operations Claim Assistant for the New York City office.
In this position, which reports to the Claim Operations Manager, the successful candidate's responsibilities will include:
• Inputting First Notice of Loss (new claims)
• Utilizing the claims search mechanisms to review new and existing claims
• Electronically attaching claim documents to the claim files
• Creating claim folders for hard-copy claim files
• Filing, photo copying, mail scanning and indexing, faxing, contacting brokers and insured's regarding claim-related inquiries
• Providing back-up switchboard coverage
• Managing the desks of Claim Examiners
• Additional tasks that you may be required to handle including administrative and technical support to the Claim Examiners, printing and mailing of checks; other administrative functions.
The individual must demonstrate the following competencies/Skills:
• Strong data-entry skills
• Self-motivated team player
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to process high volume transactions on a consistent basis with quality results
• Ability to multitask effectively
• Ability to work well in teams
• Technologically savvy
• Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Willingness to use creativity to develop Power Point presentations
• Willingness to use creative thinking to overcome obstacles as well as the ability to adapt to new ideas and situations.
• Strong PC skills including proficiency in the Microsoft Suite (MS Word, MS Excel)
• willingness to contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating teamwork, high motivation, positive behavior and effort to achieve goals and objectives
• A track record of success in current and prior positions -- producing accurate and timely results
Education & Experience:
• College degree preferred
• 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in a customer service environment
• Medium to high level Administrative Assistant experience
• Previous experience in a similar customer service of financial services role preferred.
Chubb prides itself on the ability to provide all employees with an extraordinary work environment which promotes teamwork, diversity and incentives for those who exceed expectations. Chubb has been recognized as one of the top 50 companies for diversity by Diversity Inc. magazine, one of America's most admired companies by Forbes, and one of the top 100 companies to work for by Fortune.
Chubb's compensation and benefit plans work together to create a Total Rewards Program for our employees that is among the best in our industry. As a global organization, we work hard to achieve our goal of providing flexible and competitive compensation and benefits packages in each local market in which we operate. Our goal is to exceed average market practices for our performers. For more information about Chubb and our benefits, visit our website at www.chubb.com.
Chubb & Son, Inc., a division of Federal Insurance Company, does not accept resumes from unsolicited third party agencies or recruiters. No fees will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates in this manner.
Chubb Group - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard