• Work as a point of contact to both Claims and assigned partners to effectively understand the unique needs of Claims. Recommends solutions for meeting these needs in the areas of process mapping, resource allocation, and division of labor.
• Optimize workflow, tools, staff allocation, and appropriate use of available technology to ensure efficient and cost effective Claim support.
• Continually assess, processes and recommends best practices to meet changing customer demands and Claim business needs.
• Interacts with external and internal customers to ensure appropriate and timely resolution of service issues.
• Provide leadership to assigned staff to maximize Claim Operations effectiveness to include coaching, developing, and administration of performance management activities.
• Conduct regular self-audits of Claim Operations results, processes and workflows.
• Assist in managing the processes and workflow of the Claim Operations Department to include: processing efficiency, technical direction, staff development, quality assurance and catastrophe management
• Work with the Claim Operations Department Manager, peers, counterparts and Home Office resources to maintain an effective disaster recovery and business continuation plan.
• Develop, implement and monitor workflows for the IRIS Team and Expense Processors.
• Develop training plans for new hires.
• Responsible for processing and managing expense bills (Temporary employees, office supply payments).
• Partner with the Claim Department Managers in processing their employee's information security forms.
• Ensure proper handling of all monthly financial reports - 5/9/12, Canadian Reimbursement.
• Responsible for implementing and monitoring all closed file handling procedures to include filing, mail match, and archiving.
• Responsible for coordinating and properly maintaining all check handling processes and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge and understanding of Claim processes and workflows.
• Leadership skills to include change management and team development skills along with the ability to lead diverse, cross functional and inter-disciplinary teams.
• Ability to evaluate operations and realign tasks and activities to appropriate level, including ability to plan, audit, monitor and control workflows.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Utilizes experience to create strategies to drive sustainable competitive service advantages
• Attracts, develops and leads diverse teams that maximize performance and creates opportunities for the movement of talent.
• Project management, analytical, communication and collaboration skills.
• Ability to coach and develop employees to higher performance levels
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience acceptable.
• Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience and/or 4-6 years Claim or Claim Operations experience.
Chubb Group - 13 months ago