Work location: Waverly, IA
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Claim Professional.
Job Profile Summary:
The Claim Representative III is an intermediate Claims role under limited supervision that is responsible for detailed understanding of applicable state and insurance industry laws and regulations. The incumbent will process, investigate, negotiate and settle a variety of increasingly complex P&C and L&H inquiries and claims. Identify opportunities for improvements and act as informal resources to colleagues. May require examinations / licensing.
• Analyze claims to determine need for additional investigation
• Deal / communicate directly with 3rd parties and customers in the Investigation, negotiation and conclusion of claims in accordance with established procedures
• Evaluate / approve / pay claims up to approved limit ($XXX,XXX) dependent on products serviced
• Associates Degree or applicable experience; Bachelors degree preferred
• 1 – 2 years customer service experience including demonstrated tele-service skills
• 1 – 2 years Claim processing experience (prefer: life, disability, auto/appraiser/TPA/total loss claims)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills and decision making ability
• Demonstrated mathematical aptitude
• Demonstrated ability to interpret medical and insurance documentation
• License required for P&C, including DP & GAP
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 1-3 years
Area of Interest(s): Claims, Customer Operations
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: AMC20130105-50452
CUNA Mutual Group - 22 months ago