Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Claim Representative will fulfill Bond & Financial Products Claim-s mission by conducting thorough investigation, analysis, evaluation and disposition of claims to achieve superior customer service and claim results at the most reasonable cost.
The Representative will effectively manage all assigned Bond & Financial Products Claims, typically of lower severity or complexity while interacting and collaborating with claim and underwriting colleagues and external business associates.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Within authority limit, evaluate, investigate, negotiate and resolve lower severity claims with moderate supervision by Claim Executive/Counsel or Claims management.
- Make appropriate decisions within claim authority and make appropriate recommendations to Claim Executive/Counsel and Claims management, when necessary.
- Comply with policies, procedures, workflow and performance standards in order to comply with all regulatory and Bond & Financial Products customer service standards.
- Seek to enhance knowledge in Bond products and services.
- Learn and utilize negotiating skills and strategies within a litigation and non-litigation context.
- Recognize issues with broader implications to Bond and Travelers.
- Represent Unit in claim strategic initiatives (or lead team); lead strategic initiatives.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Maintain all necessary active adjusters licenses and remain current with all CE credit requirements
- Be accountable for accurate documentation/information in claim file and Bond & Financial Products Claim Management System (BCMS). Adhere to Claim documentation standards (e.g. coverage analysis, reserve and settlement rationale, current diary).
- Keep Claim Executive and/or Claim Counsel apprised of claims being handled, seeking input and guidance, as necessary, for prompt resolution. With assistance and approval from Claim Executive or Claim Counsel, communicate reserve adjustments to underwriting and/or claims management
- Identify all recovery opportunities and, where appropriate, coordinate recovery efforts with the Recovery Management Unit and claims management.
- Prepare reports for management to accurately reflect loss development, potential/actual financial exposure, coverage issues and claim
- Within authority limit, retain, monitor, manage and approve payments to outside counsel on routine litigation matters, actively utilizing litigation management
- Proactively manage litigation tendered to principals
- Strong communication (written and verbal), influencing, negotiating, listening and interpersonal skills to effectively develop productive internal and external relationships.
- Presents a positive, professional image of the company through demonstrated expertise and knowledge of the company, its products and services.
- Works well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrates ability to offer new ideas for improving operational efficiencies.
- Works with peers to resolve issues by listening for understanding, discussing all related to the situation, and coming to a solution.
- Solid claim handling skills within authority level.
- Solid understanding of products and their application in claim situations.
- Working knowledge of Bond technology tools.
- Within authority, make claim decisions reflecting sound judgment on lower severity claims.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for decisions and outcomes.
- Professional image.
- Respect and trust of colleagues.
- Well organized.
- Meets deadlines.
- Demonstrates integrity, initiative and innovation in achieving results.
- Sense of urgency.
- Participates in the training and mentoring of Associate Claim Representatives.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We actively promote a drug-free workplace.
- Bachelor-s Degree Preferred
Job Category : Claim
Sabre Holdings, an S&P 500 company, is a world leader in travel commerce, retailing travel products and providing distribution and...