About Farm Family
Farm Family is a group of insurance companies headquartered in Glenmont, New York, just 2 miles south of Albany, and is part of the American National family of companies. The Farm Family group has over $500 million annual revenue and over $2 billion in assets.
Farm Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k), flexible Paid Time Off, Education Assistance and Flexible Spending programs.
Farm Family is currently looking for a Claim Representative I to join our Home Office Claims team!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Review notices of loss to determine proper coverage.
- Efficiently and effectively handle high daily volume of claims per applicable regulations.
- Conduct telephone investigations necessary to determine coverage, liability, and/or damages consistent with Company and department standards.
- Communicate and maintain professional relationships with insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, vendors and management regarding the ongoing status of claims handled.
- Draft written correspondence for insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, vendors, and management regarding various aspects of claim status.
- Maintain current and effective diary system.
- Recognize, investigate and handle as necessary recoveries from subrogation, salvage, liens, loss transfers, or other related claim areas.
- Conclude claims, in compliance with all the rules and regulations of the locale in which the claim is being adjusted, either within the assigned authority or, for cases above the authority, within the authority given by Management.
- High School Diploma required, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years of claims experience; Auto experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills
- Ability to learn variety of tasks quickly and work independently
In support of a safe, drug free environment, criminal background checks and drug & alcohol testing are part of our hiring process. EOE
Farm Family - 16 months ago