Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working along side other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming our industry’s employer of choice. We believe that our success depends on a world class team with diverse and unequaled expertise. If you would like to be a part of a newly re-designed strategic organization where there are no limits, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the Claims Team!
As a Claim Representative in Workers' Compensation, you will be responsible for investigating, negotiating, and resolution of lost time worker’s compensation claims.
- Investigate assigned claims and evaluate claim exposure to establish reserves.
- Manage the indemnity, medical and legal aspects of assigned claims.
- Control medical treatment and coordinate independent medical evaluations where appropriate.
- Document file activity on a timely basis.
- Assess all aspects of the claim file and accurately detail significant events and outstanding issues.
- Develop resolution strategy plans to achieve appropriate claim results and timely closure.
- Interact with insured’s, claimants and/or claimant's attorney as needed to direct negotiations and achieve settlement.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 3-5 years claim adjusting experience desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently or on a team.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to self-study and pass exams to acquire multiple state adjuster licenses.
American International Group - 13 months ago
Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight...