Great American Insurance Group’s roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the operations of Great American Insurance Group are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and fixed-indexed annuities in the education, bank and individual markets. Great American Insurance Company has received an “A” (Excellent) or higher rating from the A. M. Best Company for over 100 years (most recent rating evaluation effective March 29, 2012). The members of the Great American Insurance Group are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG), also based in Cincinnati, Ohio. AFG’s common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol AFG.
The Specialty E&S Division seeks to add a claim professional to its team. We handle a wide variety of casualty claims, but this position will focus on products liability claims, most of which will be non-litigated. We are looking for a team-oriented independent thinker and problem solver who can comfortably, clearly, and confidently communicate with claimants, underwriters, producers, counsel, and co-carriers.
- Investigate, evaluate, and resolve claims (mostly non-litigated);
- Attend mediations, arbitrations, depositions, and trials as necessary;
- Set reserves within prescribed authority and submit written recommendations for reserves outside authority;
- Report to management, Corporate Claims, and others, as required;
- Comply with applicable company procedures and policies, statutes, regulations, and other legal requirements governing claims handling;
- Respond to inquiries from underwriters and producers;
- Maintain necessary adjuster licenses, including completing required continuing education;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2 to 5+ years experience handling casualty claims;
- Familiarity with CGL coverage forms preferred;
- Negotiation experience required;
- Products liability claims experience preferred;
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience and/or training,
JD is a plus;
- CPCU and/or AIC designations a plus
*Job title will depend on the successful applicant’s level of experience.
Great American Insurance Group - 21 months ago
Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized...