American Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE/NASDAQ: AFG) is a holding company based in Cincinnati, Ohio and has been in business for more than four decades. Our insurance roots go back to the 1800’s with the founding of Great American Insurance Company in 1872. Today, through the operations of Great American Insurance Group, AFG is engaged in property and casualty insurance (“P&C”), focusing on specialized commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed, indexed and variable annuities and a variety of supplemental insurance products. AFG’s purpose is to enable individuals and businesses to manage financial risk using insurance products and services tailored to meet their specific and ever-changing risk exposures. AFG’s strategy is to allocate capital to insurance operations which management believes offer a competitive advantage or unique opportunities.
This position is located in Central Illinois with the ability to travel to the North and West parts of the state.
- Investigates and maintains claims.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files.
- May affect settlements/reserves within prescribed limits and submit recommendations on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Coveys information to all appropriate parties while maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
- Ensures claims payments are issued timely and accurately.
- Ensures claims handling is conducted in compliance with applicable statues and regulations.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Woks within specific limits and authority on assignments of moderate complexity.
- Possess functional knowledge and skills.
- Performs work under moderate supervision.
Great American Insurance Group - 20 months ago
Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized...