WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
Our claims associates are critical to the success of State Farm because of their direct contact with current and potential customers.
A claim representative investigates, evaluates, negotiates, and settles claims. At State Farm, our claim representatives support the mission and values of our company by providing Good Neighbor Service throughout the claims handling process.
The primary responsibilities of an auto claim representative include:
- Working with customers, State Farm agents, attorneys, witnesses, repair shops and service providers to settle automobile accident claims
- Investigating and evaluating the facts of a claim, which could include damage to property or injury to people
- Evaluating, negotiating, and settling claims within authority levels
- Maintaining the confidentiality of claim information
- Using State Farm claims systems and other technologies to perform job duties
- Communicating with customers and associates over the telephone, in person, and in written correspondence
- Working under management supervision with attorneys, in the defense of lawsuits
- Working in a collaborative team environment to handle a large volume of claims, primarily over the telephone
- Providing assignments and direction to claim processors and claim service assistants
- Coordinating or participating in special projects, as assigned
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
See For Yourself
- Successful completion of required training programs and all licensing requirements, including continuing education for licensing
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and empathetically
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of insurance contracts, claim policies and procedures, and customer service philosophies
- Ability to learn and utilize computer systems and other technologies
- Ability to develop and apply knowledge of injury, property and liability issues to handle claims within authority
- Ability to maintain quality work product and professionalism, even when work volume is high
- Ability to empathize with, actively listen to, and deal sensitively and professionally with customers, many of whom are experiencing the stress of a claim situation
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities effectively
- Critical competencies include, but are not limited to, communication, relationship building, critical thinking, customer focus, accountability and quality
ITEMS OF NOTE
- May be required to drive motor vehicles and/or travel via commercial transportation
- Must maintain a valid license to lawfully operate vehicles as directed/requested by State Farm
- This position may require non-standard work hours or varying shifts
Total number of available positions is subject to change.
These positions are in anticipation of upcoming openings and can be for any Auto Claims Department. Auto Claim Department assignments (eMed, CTLSU, ICC, ACC) will be made at the completion of training.
Positions require shift flexibility within our current operating hours of 6:55am to 7:15pm Monday thru Friday and 8:25am to 5:00pm Saturdays and Sundays and holidays as required. Hours and days of operation are subject to change as needed to sustain high levels of customer service.
Overtime may be required based on business needs.
Successful completion of state licensing requirements is required for continued employment in this position.
Training for this position requires travel for approximately four to five days to Irving, TX.
Positions in auto claims require an extensive training period (approximately four to five months). Therefore, for both of us to receive the greatest return on our training investment, we would like you to spend some time in the practical application of your new found knowledge. We have found that spending approximately eighteen months in your new role (from your original hire date into auto claims) will benefit you as well as State Farm, and we request that you agree to spend this time period in our department. Exceptions to this expectation (i.e., promotional opportunities, etc.) will be considered.
Positions are subject to telephone monitoring and/or recording for quality assurance and training purposes.
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
You may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k) Plan (Savings & Thrift in Canada), Credit Union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more.
For more information about our company, careers and Total Rewards, visit www.statefarm.com/careers ( www.statefarm.ca/careers in Canada). You can also learn more about what to expect from our employment process - US or Canada.
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews
- Annual bonus potential
State Farm Insurance is an equal opportunity employer
State Farm - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five cars on the...