For more than 130 years, the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies has been delivering exceptional property and casualty insurance products and services to business and individuals around the world.
Today, we are the 10th largest property and casualty insurer in the United States and have a worldwide network of some 120 offices in 26 countries staffed by 10,200 employees. The Chubb Corporation reported $52.2 billion in assets and $13.6 billion in revenues in 2012. According to Fortune magazine, Chubb is the 202nd largest U.S.-based corporation.
We have emerged as a leader in the insurance industry not only on the basis of our size or our longevity. We consistently strive to build lasting relationships with our customers and 8,500 independent agents and brokers, and we aim to be the best at what we do by delivering unparalleled service and innovative, scalable and specialized products backed financial strength and third-party endorsements.
This role is a part of our Specialty Claims Service Center Department where our customers expect exceptional claims handling. This Employment Practices Liability (EPL) Claim Examiner position is based in our Simsbury, CT office.
• Deliver superior customer service and satisfaction through effective interactions with our insureds, agents, and legal counsel.
• Contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating teamwork, high motivation, positive behavior, and effort to achieve goals and objectives.
• Provide accurate and timely expense and loss assessments on employment practice liability claims (EPL).
• Make decisions regarding payment amounts and claim settlements.
• Timely and appropriately communicate with internal and external customers relative to account trends, service issues, and claim losses.
• Consistently demonstrate fundamentally sound claim handling by achieving compliance in the areas of investigation, coverage, loss assessment, and case management.
• Ensure the establishment, documentation, and execution of appropriate strategies to bring early resolution to assigned claims.
• Recognize and properly address coverage issues; follow guidelines relative to completion of reporting forms.
• Keep all files on a current diary system in order to timely monitor new developments, follow up on outstanding requests, update management, and respond to all other diary activities.
Chubb managers, claim examiners and defense counsel provide a combination of classroom and on-the-job training to ensure our Claim Service Center Examiners are prepared to assume full claim handling responsibilities. This training involves a wide range of knowledge and skill development, including:
• Cultivating relationships with internal and external clients.
• Developing a working knowledge of federal and local employment laws.
• Effectively investigating and evaluating coverage, liability, and damages to set an appropriate claim strategy, settlement value, and file reserves.
• Understanding Chubb Employment Practices Liability (EPL) policies and endorsements to accurately make coverage decisions.
• Utilizing all Chubb systems and Best Practices in the claim handling process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• An aptitude or experience in evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting information; strong analytical skills.
• A strong track record of conducting research or investigations.
• A personal commitment to superior performance that adds value to our company.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and in a team environment.
• Willingness to use creative thinking to overcome obstacles as well as the ability to adapt to new ideas and situations.
• The ability to multi-task along with strong time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The ideal candidate is one who desires and is able to master all the skills listed in order to successfully demonstrate they can multitask and run their desk with great independence. Resources are available for training and development but we seek a highly self motivated individual.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Chubb prides itself on the ability to provide all employees with an extraordinary work environment which promotes teamwork, diversity and incentives for those who exceed expectations. Chubb has been recognized as one of the top 50 companies for diversity by Diversity Inc. magazine, one of America's most admired companies by Forbes, and one of the top 100 companies to work for by Fortune.
Chubb's compensation and benefit plans work together to create Total Rewards Program for our employees that is among the best in our industry. As a global organization, we work hard to achieve our goal of providing flexible and competitive compensation and benefits packages in each local market in which we operate. Our goal is to exceed average market practices for our performers.
Chubb & Son, Inc., a division of Federal Insurance Company, does not accept resumes from unsolicited third party agencies or recruiters. No fees will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates in this manner.
Chubb Group - 12 months ago