Contribute to the financial success of Farm Bureau by effectively determining if losses are covered under the terms of an existing policy.
• Ensure that management has accurate claim information by properly investigating loss claims by calling or writing insureds, claimants, agents, and witnesses; ordering police reports; engaging services of appraisers, and referring claims to Business Center Casualty Consultant for outside investigation if necessary.
• Set priorities and plan activities to manage an inventory of selected field investigation assignments in a manner that meets quantity and quality job expectations and service standards within the adjuster’s authority. Be thorough and imaginative in investigations.
• Project a positive image of Farm Bureau by fairly and efficiently negotiating and settling claims with all customers.
• Assure claims are settled in accordance with regulations and policy language by keeping current with existing and pending claims precedents and legislation.
• Document investigations, evaluations, recommendations, and plans of action.
• Identify candidates for subrogation and initiate subrogation with first notice to adverse party. Respond to and may work with Subrogation staff regarding arbitration contentions.
• Two years of college or equivalent preferred plus at least two years experience required.
• INS (Certificate in General Insurance) required.
• Must keep up-to-date regarding the Unfair Claims Practice Act (Rule 60), policy knowledge, and other governmental or company rules and regulations.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and arrive at decisions through sound, logical reasoning.
• Must be PC literate and be proficient in Word and Excel.
• Some travel to attend training schools required.
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
• Reasonably regular and predictable attendance.
FBL Financial Group, Inc - 17 months ago