Responsible for the direct supervision of an automobile claim adjusting unit. Direct and monitor
the assigned claim adjusting and support personnel to ensure the timely, accurate and fair
investigation, evaluation and disposition of all claims assigned to the unit. Claim outcomes
must be consistent with policy terms and conditions, damages and legal requirements. Directly
manage and oversee the assigned adjusting and support personnel and assure that they adhere to
and comply with all Claim File Handling Guidelines and all other job expectations, regulations
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume, in strict confidence.
- Bachelor's degree in business, insurance or a related field, or its equivalent.
- Seven or more years of relevant claim supervisory and technical experience with demonstrated achievement and progressive responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge of the technical aspects of property and/or casualty claims (including automobile, general liability, subrogation and litigation).
- Demonstrated ability to train and mentor assigned employees in all technical aspects of their job responsibilities.
- Appropriate state Adjuster's License(s) where required by law.
- Knowledge of property/casualty insurance claims management processes, systems and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development through continuing education related to the job through the attainment of recognized industry designations such as AIC, AEI, INS or CPCU programs, etc.
- For field based positions, previous outside experience is preferred and valid driver's license required.
- General understanding of the insurance industry and company operations.
- Highly developed analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Planning, administrative and supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with professional and personnel situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide array of outside firms and organizations
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with company management, peers and co-workers.
- Proficiency with PC applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook); Experience with imaging and estimating programs preferred.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities during stressful circumstances.
Apply Online here
If you have any questions, please call 800-451-5000
to send an e-mail to the Human Resources Department
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vermont Mutual is a place where careers and people bloom, evolve, and progress.
Our team is hard-working, enjoying both the challenges...