For 130 years, the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies has been delivering exceptional property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals around the world.
Today, we are the 12th largest property and casualty insurer in the United States and have a worldwide network of some 120 offices in 26 countries staffed by 10,100 employees. The Chubb Corporation reported $50 billion in assets and $13 billion in revenues in 2011. According to Fortune magazine, Chubb is the 202nd largest U.S.-based corporation.
We have emerged as a leader in the insurance industry not only on the basis of our size or our longevity. We consistently strive to build lasting relationships with our customers and 8,500 independent agents and brokers, and we aim to be the best at what we do by delivering unparalleled service and innovative, scalable and specialized products backed by financial strength and third-party endorsements.
Our award winning Claims Department is currently seeking applicants for an Outside Property Claim Adjuster (OSA) Trainee position in our Long Island, NY office. The OSA professional is considered an integral component of the services that we provide for our commercial insurance policy holders. You will be responsible for property loss evaluations and settlements on behalf of Chubb. Your investigations and evaluations will directly affect the claim resolution process for Chubb’s personal lines and commercial insureds. We welcome both recent college graduates and those looking to make a career change into the claim field and insurance.
This OSA Trainee position is part of an entry-level training program that begins with an overview of the Chubb organization, while also developing a progressive knowledge and understanding of the property and casualty insurance industry. In tandem with your business and insurance acumen development, you will develop basic investigation, estimate writing, and risk evaluation skills as you work to attain an understanding of the Claim role within Chubb. Chubb managers will provide a combination of classroom and on-the-job training to ensure our Trainees are successfully prepared to assume full Claim handling responsibilities. Training will include 1-2 weeks in our Claim Service Center in Chesapeake, Virginia, along with other technical seminars as needed. The training will involve a wide range of knowledge and skill development, including:
• Cultivating relationships with internal clients (e.g. underwriters)
• Developing the ability to analyze initial claim reports
• Developing an understanding of the legal system
• Understanding how to effectively investigate and document findings
• Understanding Chubb’s products to appropriately determine coverage
• Learning to interpret and apply insurance contracts
• Learning how to negotiate and structure settlements
The position will independently work out of the home. It is anticipated that the OSA will spend between 40% - 60% on the road traveling within the assigned territory. Additionally, each OSA will be required to serve on CAT (Catastrophe) duty where he/she may be required to be away from home for up to 4 weeks. A company car will be provided upon completion of training.
Additional OSA responsibilities include:
• Contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating teamwork, high motivation, positive behavior and effort to achieve goals and objectives
• Complete accurate and timely loss assessments
• Make decisions regarding payment amounts and claim settlements
• Timely and appropriate communication with internal and external customers relative to account trends, service issues and large losses
• Consistently demonstrate fundamentally sound claim handling practices by achieving compliance in areas to include: investigation, coverage, loss assessment, and case management
• Building and maintaining productive relationships with internal and external customers, including clients, underwriting and service teams, and agents
• Establish, document and execute appropriate strategies to bring early resolution to assigned claims
• Recognize and properly address coverage issues, potential fraud, and subrogation
• Keep all files on a current diary system in order to monitor new developments, follow up on outstanding requests, update management, and respond to all other diary activities
• A high school diploma is required. A Bachelors degree is preferred.
• 1-2 years previous work experience, preferably in a customer service environment, is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A personal commitment to superior performance that adds value to our company
• Consultation, sales and marketing skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and build relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts
• An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting technical information
• Sound decision making skills
• Strong PC skills including; Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and leadership skills
• Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills are required
• An ability to adapt to new ideas and situations
• A willingness to use creative thinking to overcome obstacles and an ability to develop creative approaches to solving customer problems
Relocation: The training process is for the term of approximately one year, after which, relocation may be necessary to one of our branch offices. The ability and willingness to relocate following the successful completion of the training process is preferred.
Chubb prides itself on the ability to provide all employees with an extraordinary work environment which promotes teamwork, diversity and incentives for those who exceed expectations. Chubb has been recognized as one of the top 50 companies for diversity by Diversity Inc. magazine, one of America’s most admired companies by Forbes, and one of the top 100 companies to work for by Fortune.
Chubb's compensation and benefit plans work together to create a Total Rewards Program for our employees that is among the best in our industry. As a global organization, we work hard to achieve our goal of providing flexible and competitive compensation and benefits packages in each local market in which we operate. Our goal is to exceed average market practices for our performers. For more information about Chubb and our benefits, visit our website at www.chubb.com.
All interested applicants must apply online at www.chubb.apply2jobs.com.
Chubb Group - 5 months ago