Claims Adjuster - 07095 |
At Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc. (GB) we are constantly seeking skilled professionals who are up for a challenge and take exceptional performance to heart. The professionals we hire help us maintain our reputation as one of the most progressive property/casualty third party claims service organizations in our industry and throughout the world. Gallagher Bassett provides services to Fortune 1000 companies throughout 100 offices worldwide. For the past several years GB has ranked among the largest TPA's by Business Insurance Magazine and was also a recipient of the Business Insurance Readers' Choice award for "Best Third Party Claims Administrator." If you're looking for a professional career with an industry leader then you have come to the right place. Wherever your interests lie, we're sure you will agree on one thing: our continued prosperity hinges on our greatest resource --- our people.
As a Claims Adjuster, you will be responsible for the investigation, evaluation, disposition and settlement of less complex claims with moderate supervision. This includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of coverage, liability and damages and the setting of proper reserves. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the claims exposure, to determine the proper course of action and to appropriately settle the claim
- Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the claim process
- Ability to think critically in order to solve problems, plan and organize activities, and negotiate effectively
- Handles claims consistent with our clients and corporate policies, procedures and "Best Practices" and also in accordance to any statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements
- Documents and communications all claim activity timely and effectively and in a manner which supports the outcome of the claim file
- Minimum of three years of claims or related work experience required
- Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all states in which claims are being handled
- Ability to effectively operate a computer, knowledge of MS Office applications, and related claims and business software
- Four year college degree or equivalent work experience preferred
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work in conjunction with and support all administration management, supervisory and staff positions
- Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices
- Solid analytical skills necessary to make decisions an resolve issues inherent in the handling of claims
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement disposition of claims including the ability to interpret related documentation
- Outstanding communication skills - both verbal and written
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co
- 2 years ago - save job
Gallagher Energy Risk Services is Canada's fastest growing energy insurance brokerage. The key to this success has been a focused and...