Since 1980, Interstate has been a leading provider of service contract and extended warranty programs. We are proud to say that Forbes Magazine has recognized us as one of the Top 200 Best Small Companies in America for three consecutive years. Interstate continues to be a market leader by continually pioneering new technologies, exceeding expectations, and providing value to our partners and customers.
Essential duties include:
- Receive incoming calls from repair facilities , obtain and confirm all facts required to validate mechanical failures, determine coverage and provide authorizations.
- Maintain positive internal and external customer relationships by exhibiting a courteous and professional demeanor in all communication.
- Initiate inspection requests as needed and review incoming reports to complete claim adjudication process .
- Accurately document claim files with notes, evaluations, and decision making processes based on departmental procedures.
- Contact outside sources ( i.e. ; repair facilities, outsourcing suppliers/distributors) for additional information required to complete claim adjudication.
- Research and resolve routine inquiries received from repair facilities , relating to service contract and MBI (mechanical breakdown insurance) claims. R efer difficult issues to higher levels.
- Research and respond to claim review requests ( i.e. ; arbitrations) received from customers relating to the settlement of a claim.
- Authorization limit: up to $2,000 (depending on quality review results); escalate claims that exceed limit to higher authority for review.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus High school diploma or equivalent required. Automotive repair experience (hands on or in a support role). Good customer service and communication skills. Ability to multi task through several computer application screens at a time. Good negotiation skills. Ability to handle high call volume and production based work environment. Detail oriented.
Monster - 18 months ago