Permanent General, a leading non-standard auto insurance provider, is seeking qualified applicants for Claims Assistant. Permanent General offers a fun and challenging environment and a well-defined career path where the right candidate will learn and grow with the company. We pride ourselves on teamwork and quality customer service. If you do too, please check us out!
Permanent General offers an employee-friendly work environment as well as a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), bonus plan participation, Employee Assistance Program, wellness initiatives, 401(k) participation with a matching contribution and much more!
The Claims Assistant position is an entry-level claims position and provides an excellent career path for anyone interested in starting a career in auto insurance claims. This position will be primarily responsible for providing clerical support for the Claims, Clerical Department. Other essential job responsibilities include:
- Maintaining excellent customer service standards with both internal and external customers.
- Phone contact with insureds/claimants.
- Setting up files.
- Handling other administrative duties as needed.
- Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree or higher is preferred.
- Minimum of six months general office experience.
- Intermediate PC skills are required, as well as familiarity all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Access.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with speed and accuracy is also a must!
- Claims background preferred but not required. We are willing to train the right person.
Permanent General Assurance Corp. - 10 months ago