Provide assistance to claim adjusters by performing a variety of support services that include, but are not limited to, those listed in the essential job functions section below.
Essential Job Functions
• Assist adjusters in contacting insureds or other involved persons to obtain missing or incomplete information.
• Provide customer service, such as giving limited instructions on how to proceed with claims, completing timely and accurate responses to customer inquiries and resolving minor complaints which arise during the claims handling process.
• Performs data entry functions (claim checks, claim file updates, forms, form letters, electronic interfaces, etc.) as directed by claims adjuster or supervisor.
• Receives and/or returns telephone calls as directed by claims adjuster.
• Performs general maintenance of claims documents in the claim files.
• Other tasks as assigned by adjusters or supervisor.
• Basic knowledge of claims procedures and policies.
• Ability to take direction and make decisions.
• Self organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to learn new procedures quickly and adapt to a changing environment.
• Professional telephone demeanor and good oral communication skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Basic understanding of business technology.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• High school diploma.
• Two to four years experience in an insurance claims department or related experience.
Degree of Supervision Required
• Minimal degree of supervision will be needed with the introduction of any new job tasks or responsibilities. Otherwise, little or no supervision is needed during the normal course of business.
• Normal office conditions.
• May require occasional evening and/or weekend work.
Insurance holding company AmTrust Financial Services likes a mix of businesses on its plate. Its subsidiaries offer a range of commercial...