Work at MEMIC
Location: Portland, Maine
- Job Openings
- Claims Compliance Assistant
Primary responsibility is to support the Claim Department in their compliance in all jurisdictions where the MEMIC Group is now or becomes licensed. The Compliance Associate will research, prepare and maintain Claim Service Models and thumbnail sketches for each state. The position will assist in the creation and maintenance of an electronic data base with each of the models and sketches that will be accessible by others. The Compliance Associate may need to communicate with various State agencies, other members of the Claim Dept. and other MEMIC departments relative to compliance issues.
Education and experience
- Assist with State specific compliance reconciliation as needed (filing wage statements, ensuring timeliness of other filings, ensuring compliance in area of benefits paid per agreements, decrees, etc.)
- Create and maintain Claim Service Models and thumbnail sketches for each State where licensed to write.
- Jurisdictional Specific Audits for Claim Handler filings and payments.
- Assist with the creation of and maintenance of an electronic database for Claim Department compliance.
- Research what compliance filings are needed in each state and ensure that we are reporting accurate information in a timely manner.
How to apply
- This position requires an Associate Degree or equivalent combination of education and claim specific experience.
- The position demands a working knowledge of workers’ compensation claim handling.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are important for creating clear and concise written documents that will be shared with others for training purposes.
- Must have a good grasp of worker's compensation fundamentals and the state specific reporting requirements.
- Must have excellent research and comprehension skills and the ability to convert and summarize research data for others.
- Strong PC skills are necessary.
Apply by emailing resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also reach us by calling 1-800-660-1306.
MEMIC - 9 months ago