Coordinate reporting of claims to appropriate carriers and appropriate policies on new losses presented by client, answer claim inquiries by phone and email, and obtain status updates on pending claims.
- Review new property, general liability, professional liability, auto and workers compensation claims (both litigated and non-litigated) and report them to the appropriate insurance carrier(s).
- Identify the correct policy(ies) that may apply to a particular claim.
- Coordinate the claim intake between Insured client and carrier(s).
- Walk clients through the claims process, particularly if the clients are small businesses or individual insureds.
- Handle multiple tasks, including claim system entry, phone conversations with the insured client and adjusters at the carrier(s), and address questions.
- Solve problems that may arise in the gathering of claim information.
- Conduct appropriate diary follow-ups.
- Handle information requests from clients, producers and claims management.
- Store documents in claims system with proper naming and coding.
- Periodically obtain status updates, including adjuster notes and reserves.
- Work on special projects as assigned by management.
- Obtain/maintain insurance license by pursuing industry-related continuing education and training.
- Pursue a program of personal, professional and career development.
- Adhere to all published Mesirow Financial rules, regulations and procedures.
- 5+ years claims experience in commercial lines
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree from college or university preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Internet, and claims system
- Ability to work as a team
- Excellent customer service and phone skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and take direction from multiple individuals.
- Knowledge of Sagitta and Paperwise claims system preferred.
- Previous experience in a broker environment a plus