"Insure" Your Future
The Workers' Compensation Department is looking to add a Claims Examiner to our Illinois office. Our team provides innovative products and coverage solutions as well as professional and impartial claims handling. Join our team of skilled professionals that is dedicated to quality and superior customer service.
"Claim" Your Role
Our Claims Examiner is a person who can represent the Workers' Compensation Department as well as ICW Group. You are well organized, you can resolve conflicts fairly and equitably and you have excellent written and oral communication skills. You will administer benefits to injured workers in accordance with statutory and case law as well as pertinent regulations and you will manage and bring Workers’ Compensation claims to an equitable conclusion within the ICW Group standards and best practices guidelines.
Administers benefits to injured workers in accordance with statutory and case law as well as pertinent regulations. Reserves, manages and brings Workers’ Compensation claims to an equitable conclusion within the Company standards and best practices guidelines. Communicates effectively with other Company departments. Maintains a good working relationship with insureds, employers, agents and other employees.
Manage a case load of up approximately 125 files. Reserve authority is no greater than $50,000. Must oversee the work given to Claim Assistants to ensure timely responses are made and that the work is accurate.
- Creates and adjusts reserves in a timely manner to ensure reserving activities consistent with company policies.
- Manages a regional unit of claim departments in the performance of their daily activities.
- Communicates with insureds to obtain information necessary for processing claims.
- Confers with legal counsel on claims requiring litigation.
- Attends depositions and hearings as often as workload allows.
- Contacts and/or interview claimants, doctors, medical specialists, or employers to get additional information.
- Examines claims investigated by outside adjusters, further investigating questionable claims to determine whether to authorize payments.
- Investigates, evaluates and settles claims, applying technical knowledge and human relations skills to ensure fair and prompt management of cases.
- Pursues subrogation vigorously.
- Participates in claim reviews and service calls with insureds and prospective insureds.
- Manages and approve payment of benefits within designated authority level.
- Presents cases and participate in their discussion at claim committee meetings.
- Reports overpayments, underpayments and other irregularities.
- Resolve claims fairly and equitably, acting in the best interest of the insured and providing benefits as prescribed by law.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 1-3 years of work-related skill and knowledge. All Examiners must receive certification that meets the minimum standards of training, experience, skill and further education. Basic understanding of laws and jurisdictional restraints to manage injuries. WCCA and WCCP helpful. State Workers' Compensation License is required in some branches.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management and organizational skills. Requires a high level of attention to detail. Team oriented and a sense of urgency for execution.
- Note that we conduct background checks on all of our candidates and in some cases, it may include a credit check.
ICW Group is a full-service group of companies, also providing claims, safety services, and loss control services.