Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
The Law Claims department investigates and resolves third party claims submitted to PG&E for property damage, bodily injury, and business interruption. We do this with an emphasis on customer relations, good business practices, and insurance industry standards. Our team provides a valuable service to PG&E by conducting thorough investigations, resolving matters appropriately and remaining customer focused in potentially adversarial situations.
The position requires, but is not limited to, strong management and leadership skills; strong communication skills (verbal and written), including technical writing; interpersonal skills; the ability to resolve conflict; the ability to effectively interact with senior management and Union leadership; knowledge of insurance (specifically casualty claims adjusting); basic gas and electric operations; tort and contract law; PG&E organization and the interrelationship of Departments; common business practices as they pertain to claims management; employee development and training techniques; and group performance management and improvement techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree, or 10 years of experience as a Claims Investigator, or 10 years of gas or electric experience
- Ability to convey information clearly, concisely, accurately, and effectively through written and verbal communications.
- A valid California driver's license.
- The employee must be willing to work more than 8 hours a day, as needed, and will be on call for emergencies on a 24 hour basis.
- Prior work experience handling bodily injury claims, property damage claims, lawsuits or insurance claims.
- Knowledge of insurance, specifically casualty claims adjusting.
- Knowledge of basic gas and electric operations.
- Knowledge of tort and contract law.
- Knowledge of PG&E organization and interrelationship of departments.
- Knowledge of common business practices as they pertain to claims management.
- Knowledge of claims investigation procedures and Claims Settlements.
- Business writing skills.
- Knowledge of medical terms.
- Conflict and negotiation skills.
Investigate, negotiate, and settle third party property damage and personal injury claims. Investigate and report on incidents that may lead to litigation, investigate lawsuits, and review tender cases involving contractors and insurance carriers. Provide consultation and training to various company clients, provide litigation support to attorneys, and provide investigative support on collection cases.
Review a wide variety of Company and external records (hard copy and computer) investigate incidents, evaluate liability and damages, negotiate and settle claims. Conduct various interviews with employees and third parties to investigate claims and incidents. Business writing skills would be frequently used for internal and external communications.
Travel to various Company facilities and sites for emergency incident responses, to meet with employees and third parties, and conduct follow-up site investigations.
Employment Type: Management
Work Location: Oakland, San Jose and Central Coast Region
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- 3 years ago - save job
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...