JOB TITLE: Claims Management Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Claims Management
DIVISION: Horton Risk Management Services
GENERAL DESCRIPTION Summary
The Claims Management Specialist will perform claim advocacy work on behalf of our clients. To provide a high level claim consulting for clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor processes and revise whenever appropriate for most efficient system through continuous improvement efforts
- Provide claim agency reporting of claims on behalf of agency clients.
- Encourage and implement procedures for clients to direct report claims
- Provide claim liaison with Special Services
- Prepare customer claim summaries
- Organize client claim review meeting agenda
- Visit clients to review claims and assess claim needs
- Prepare unit stat reviews for Special Service Clients
- Assist with loss ratio and Smart Comp analysis
- Assist with research and follow up on claim reserves and payments
- Track complicated claims for resolution and communicate findings to client
- Provide specialized claim service as requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- A college degree is desirable or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Property and Casualty License
- Associate in Claims (AIC)
- 5+ years claims experience and have strong commercial lines coverage knowledge. Must understand all forms of coverage.
Fast-paced, multiple-task environment, requiring tolerance for schedule change and disruption
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
The job description is intended to describe the essential responsibilities The Horton Group requires. Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the essential functions.
Nothing in this job description or in any other written documents or forms maintained by The Horton Group, creates, or may be deemed to create, an employment contract between The Horton Group and any of its employees.
The Horton Group reserves the right to revise the contents of this job description, at any time, without prior notice to its employees.
This job description supercedes any previous oral or written job descriptions.