POSITION SUMMARY: Manages all aspects of claims administration for the Workers Compensation, General Liability and Property lines of coverage, and assists the Associate Vice President of Insurance on all Professional Liability claims. Understands and communicates, as well as educates, claims management philosophy and strategy to Corporate and Center staff while building, maintaining, and managing relationships with claims adjusters and outside legal counsel. Designs, analyzes and delivers claim information to influence risk management behavior through performance metrics and benchmarking.
• Evaluates incident reports to ensure the timely reporting of all claims and initiates the investigation of all Workers’ Compensation, Property and General Liability claims. Facilitates the reporting of claims to the appropriate carriers.
• Maintains all claims documentation in the Claims Management System and produces reports from the system.
• Advises and/or assists Corporate and Center Staff in conducting investigations of incidents, including interviewing of witnesses and procurement of relevant documentation.
• Provides training on claims reporting to Corporate and Center Staff, and helps communicate Workers’ Compensation benefits and the importance of the Return to Work policy.
• Prepares reports and analyses for the AVP of Insurance summarizing the loss data provided by insurance companies, highlighting adverse trends and their financial impact, and making recommendations on how to minimize/avoid the risks.
• Conducts claims meetings with insurance carriers on a quarterly basis to evaluate open reserves.
• Obtains and tracks centers’ historical claims data needed for the actuarial study.
Regular and reliable attendance required.
Successful candidate will pass a background check and drug screen.
Bachelor degree with four (4) years’ experience as a claims handler required. Healthcare and Risk Mangement experience highly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other prohibited category set forth in federal or state regulations.
We will provide reasonable accommodation to complete the online application consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact Human Resources