Detailed job information...
5905 Hampton Oaks Parkway
Kick your Career into High Gear with Direct Auto Insurance!! You'll see we do things differently here at Direct. We have integrity, we are honest and we treat our customers and employees fairly. You'll see that "we'll do right by you" - we'll give you the right training with the right career path including the right incentives and last, but not least...we'll treat you Right! We offer base pay, comprehensive benefit plans and paid time off. Apply Today!
Manages a claims staff and is accountable for business results through cost effective and timely resolution of claims within an area. Manager works within assigned limits of broad authority requiring a high degree of technical complexity and coordination. Has multiple product line responsibility.
- Manages the work activities and staff of the functional area and has full management responsibility for the performance and development of subordinate staff.
- Manage team performance by checking claim reports and communicating results
- Contributes to profitability by effective implementation of claim handling best practices to manage loss cost and claim expenses
- Ensures claim files are handled in accordance with company guidelines
- Participates in the development of claims training
- Makes recommendations on claims policy and procedures and drives claims initiatives.
- Reviews and manages investigations of claims, liability and damages
- Manages the negotiation of claims settlement packages including setting reserves and authorizing payment or refers claims to appropriate location for adjudication
- Manages project teams and may be responsible for special projects and presentations
- Ensures communications with appropriate parties regarding the handling and/or disposition of claims
- Keeps current on state/territory regulations and issues, industry activity and trends; May participate in industry trade groups
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Professional designations preferred
- Minimum eight years claims experience handling auto and/or general liability claims
- Management experience strongly preferred
- Proven ability to drive results, lead by example and effectively coach and develop claims staff
- Solid ambitious drive to excel in metrics and customer service satisfaction
- Technical expertise, claims resolution skills and knowledge of insurance and claims principles, practices and procedures
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills; Ability to effectively interact with all levels of leadership
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues
- Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems
- Ability to achieve business goals and objectives
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software
Direct Auto Insurance - 10 months ago
Direct General Corporation