Submits HCFA-1500 claim forms (electronic and paper) to third-party carriers accurately and in a timely manner. Ensures that claims meet billing guidelines for assigned carriers. Maintains tracking system to ensure claims submission to carrier billing requirements, and assists in changes to system and manual billing processes. Ensures that supporting documentation is provided at time of claim submission to facilitate timely reimbursement. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- High school diploma or GED; some college preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year in medical billing environment.
- Two (2) to three (3) years preferred.
- Knowledge of accounts receivable practices, medical business office procedures, third-party payer billing and reimbursement procedures and practices.
- Skill in using automated A/R billing system - IDX preferred.
- Skill in using computer and calculator.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness and to prepare claims and other records according to detailed instructions.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, AP, AR, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collection, Collections, Accouting, Finance, Accountant, Financial, Billing, Payment, Bill, Insurance, A/R, A/P
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...