Ensures all mail is queried and delivered to the appropriate destination and that files are updated with the appropriate paperwork. Under direct supervision, follows established methods, practices, and procedures and applies general principles and concepts.
• Returns all files to the cabinets after Examiner/ Assistant uses them.
• Processes incoming and outgoing mail daily.
• Queries and reviews all mail and new losses, then distributes them accordingly.
• Drop files all mail to files daily.
• Picks up and deliver faxes and outgoing mail.
• Codes bills for payment. Pay bills as necessary.
• Pulls closed files for review.
• Obtains closed off-site files.
• Returns files to off-site location(s).
• Orders all office supplies.
• Maintains upkeep of office equipment.
• Answers calls via the Claims Hunt Group.
• Takes new loss reports via phone or fax, and sets up claims in claims system.
• Processes daily transactions (opening reserves, closing reserves, issuing checks, etc.).
• Matches daily checks to be mailed.
• Assists with ordering police reports.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
No prior experience required.
Excellent phone skills, and strong computer typing skills. Excellent data entry skills and strong attention to detail. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.