Claims Professional Trainee - IAP
CLAIM YOUR FUTURE AS A GREAT PERFORMER!
Providing both satisfying and challenging work along with a highly professional and friendly work atmosphere, Sedgwick has a strong commitment to its colleagues and its clients. If you are seeking place where you can do great things for those whose lives you touch while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick is the place for you. As the largest and most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive both recognition as the Best TPA in America and the coveted Employer of Choice designation, we invite you to come be a part of our team and, “Claim Your Future.”
PRIMARY PURPOSE : To be oriented and trained as new industry professional with the ability to analyze workers compensation, general liability or disability claims and determine benefits due.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
Attendance and completion of designated classroom claims professional training program.
Performs on-the-job training activities including:
Participates in rotational assignments to provide temporary support for office needs.
- Adjusting medical only and minor lost-time workers compensation claims under close supervision.
- Adjusting low and mid-level liability and/or physical damage claims under close supervision.
- Processing disability claims of minimal disability duration under close supervision.
- Documenting claims files and properly coding claim activity.
- Communicating claim action/processing with claimant and client.
- Supporting other claims examiners and claims supervisors with larger or more complex claims as assigned.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs other duties as assigned.
Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university required.
No experience required. Prior claims experience preferred. Equivalent experience may be substituted for the required degree.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to meet or exceed the organization's Core Competencies
- Ability to meet or exceed position specific competencies
- Analytical thinking
- Concern for order, quality and accuracy
- Knowledge of personal computer applications including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate effect teamwork skills
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE : Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sedgwickcms - 13 months ago