Support the Claims Recovery department by assigning new claims recovery files and assisting all phases claim recovery file handling as needed. Prepare claims for outsourcing to subrogation attorneys and billing/collection vendors and monitor through all phases of subrogation. Build and maintain effective internal and external relationships to increase referrals and ensure appropriate recoveries. Support accurate, timely and quality subrogation to ensure the most efficient claim recovery processes.
1. Assign claim recovery/subrogation files within our claim system to an appropriate examiner for handling.
2. Provide excellent customer service to insureds, at-fault parties, agents, field associates, other insurance companies, attorneys and billing/collection vendors.
3. Prepare claims for outsourcing to subrogation attorneys and billing/collection vendors.
4. Ensure timely and quality recovery file handling by our subrogation attorneys and billing/collection vendors.
5. Process work in accordance with all quality, quantity and timeliness standards on a consistent basis.
6. Proactively manage and keep claim inventory current. Triage workflow and make adjustments to ensure timeliness standards are maintained.
7. Handle claim recovery/subrogation files as needed, ensuring timely and quality recovery file handling.
8. Seek opportunities to reduce expenses and maximize the recovery potential on files.
9. Monitor recovery files assigned to all external collection business partners. Exercise expense management within authority levels.
10. Monitor vendor expenses and remittance reports. Perform regular audit analysis on expenses from subrogation attorneys and billing/collection vendors.
11. Update financial transactions to ensure accurate application of subrogation recoveries.
12. Gather, compile and assist with analysis of information for department and other ad hoc reporting.
Associate or Bachelors Degree preferred. Strong organizational and problem solving skills. Knowledge of claim handling practices. Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet required deadlines. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be customer oriented with a positive attitude. Supports a team environment, work well with others to ensure success and achieve common goals. Working knowledge of MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel) required and claims handling system preferred.