Job Duties & Responsibilities
If you're looking for a career where you can help people every day and with a base salary starting at $31,000 a year (this salary includes 10% night differential). Also looking for opportunity for promotions into higher-level claim positions based upon your performance; Claims may be the right fit for you!
Handling claims over the telephone is one of the unique aspects of the GEICO operation. Accidents and natural disasters are traumatic experiences and it takes a special person to empathize and assist our customers during these situations. Our professional Claims Representatives build GEICO's reputation for great service. They help us deliver on our promise to "be there" whenever our policyholders need us and are the first point of contact for customers involved in an accident.
Through extensive training we'll teach you the fundamentals of insurance claim handling and how to take initial loss reports. After training, your main responsibility will be to help our customers throughout the claims process and settle undisputed non-injury claims by telephone. This means that you'll help settle claims where there are no injuries and everyone agrees to the details of the accident.
You will receive fully paid training and in states that require a license we will sponsor you for your Insurance License!
As a Claims Representative, you will:
* Empathize and assist customers who have been involved in an accident
* Take on average 25 - 50 calls per day in a call center environment
* Verify accident facts, determine GEICO's liability and make decisions regarding claim payments
* Provide insurance information and initiate auto repair process
* Work with policyholders, claimants, and repair shops
* Utilize our internal claims system to record, track and monitor insurance claims
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Prior customer service experience
* Demonstrated job stability
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent computer and multi-tasking skills
* High level of dependability
* Ability to gather information and make decisions
* Must be comfortable working in a call center environment
At GEICO, we offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary with annual merit reviews.
Because we are here to service our customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, we staff many shifts and ask our associates to be flexible.
At GEICO, the opportunity for advancement is outstanding! We invest in our associates through training and development to help them reach their career goals and personal aspirations. Our associates average 2 promotions within the first 3 years. At GEICO,
* You'll receive on-going training to help you learn your job
* We encourage your professional development through GEICO
University, our companywide training and development program
* We provide constant coaching and feedback to help you develop
* There are opportunities to advance your career and become a
lead, coach, trainer, or supervisor
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding work environment, GEICO has the career path for you.
Prior insurance experience is not necessary; we provide comprehensive and on-going training!
You'll receive on the job paid training to help you learn what you need to know to assist customers with many different types of requests. Once on the job, associates receive frequent updates and on-going training to keep their knowledge up-to-date and develop their skills.
How To Apply
Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later.
Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
GEICO - 15 months ago
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing...