Primary territory for this position includes the state of GA. This position will require successful candidate to reside in the Atlanta, GA. area.
Share our pride. Join our mission.
We are currently seeking talented Claims Service Manager for our Atlanta, GA facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Manages auto, property, subrogation, and/or physical damage member service employees who are dedicated to knowing our members, understanding their individual needs, and providing appropriate solutions. Develops employees through regular coaching and feedback that leads to improved results. Executes process improvements and leads organizational process changes. Maintains compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Selects, develops, and supports employees in fulfillment of our Corporate Mission. Provides coaching and feedback that leads to sound business results. Manages employee performance and facilitates professional development and career progression. Ensures employees understand how the tasks they perform support the Operating State.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve operational effectiveness. Implements and monitors processes and performance standards. Provides feedback for improvements to process and product owners. Removes obstacles and champions change.
- Achieves optimal productivity through managing workload volumes, staffing, training needs, and identifying and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Through a variety of tools monitors and reviews workload to ensure that all compliance requirements are addressed appropriately, payments are accurate, that there is consistent execution of standardized automated processes, and properly manages the expenses associated with adjusting a claim. Provides consistent coaching and guidance related to a variety of aspects associated to the claim including but not limited to the investigation, evaluation, negotiation, settlement, and subrogation.
- Know the members, understand the unique needs of our membership, provide integrated solutions to the member, and hold employees accountable for the same. Embrace and coach to the requirement of building strong relationships, recognizing and offering appropriate opportunities, and deepening their trust in USAA. Consistently deliver a best in class experience to strengthen USAA's brand, reputation, and industry leadership.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
- Bachelors Degree (or 6 years auto physical damage experience).
- 3+ years P&C industry functional work experience or completion of the JMO Program.
- MCS graduate or 1+ years demonstrated leadership or people management experience in auto physical damage claims, Financial Services Industry, Customer Service Industry, or equivalent military service/environment.
- Computer literate in Windows operating environment.
- Working knowledge of applicable Microsoft Office applications and business systems.
- Must have or be able to obtain applicable insurance adjuster license.
- Acquisition of applicable license and successful completion of pipeline training (front-line rep training) within 6 - 9 months.
- Ability to travel regularly, generally driving and some flying with overnight travel.
- Ability to meet all USAA safe driving requirements including verification of driving record through MVR.
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
- Proven insurance and physical damage background to include people management experience, related insurance education (CPCU, SCLA, iCAR Platinum, ASE, etc...).
- 7 years of applicable Physical Damage Claims experience.
- Ability to drive team results in a fast paced claims environment.
- Self-starter and the ability to work independently.
- Previous management experience a plus.
- Previous auto physical damage management experience a plus.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
More than 50%
8:00am - 5:00pm
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...