Due to growth, HCC Specialty (HCCS) ( www.hccspecialty.com ) has an immediate opening for a Claims Specialist to join our claims department. This position will be based out of the Wakefield, MA office of HCC Specialty. HCCS is a division of HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. ("HCC Insurance"), comprised of HCC Specialty Underwriters, Inc. (HCCSU), Professional Indemnity Agency, Inc. (PIA) and HCC Public Risk.
HCC Specialty is a division of HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc., with its common stock trading on the NYSE (symbol: HCC) and is a leading international specialty insurance group with offices across the United States and in the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland. As of September 30, 2012, HCC had assets of $10.1 billion and shareholders' equity of $3.5 billion. HCC's major domestic and international insurance companies have financial strength ratings of "AA (Very Strong)" from Standard & Poor's Corporation, "A+ (Superior)" from A.M. Best Company, "AA (Very Strong)" from Fitch Ratings, and "A1 (Good Security)" from Moody's Investors Service, Inc.
HCCS underwrites a unique portfolio of specialty and niche products. These include: disability insurance for professional athletes and entertainers, kidnap & ransom, event cancellation for major sporting and entertainment events, earthquake insurance, special event liability, weather insurance, prize indemnity insurance, product recall insurance, various professional liability classes (including but not limited to employment practice liability and architects & engineers), various niche programs including public risk and lumber and wood products.
Eligible candidates for this position should have a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in an office environment. This is a fast-paced, high transaction volume position with tight deadlines. This position will report to the Director of Claims.
This position will have responsibility for handling claims for a wide range of contingency risks, including: weather, prize indemnity, and film production. This position will also be responsible for medical expense claims for the NHL/NBA training camps and the Mixed Martial Arts program. In addition, this position will handle routine liability and property claims for our special event liability and niche property/casualty programs such as: bowling centers, musical instruments, etc. This position will also handle low limit disability claims for professional athletes, entertainers, etc.
- Review insurance policies to determine appropriate coverage for the claim being processed.
- Analyze factual information presented on claims, and during the review process, communicate directly with insureds, medical providers, trainers, agents, brokers, teams, insurers, attorneys, etc.
- Work closely with insures, and make recommendations for medical experts, independent adjusters, outside counsel, etc. to be assigned, as appropriate.
- Confirm coverage and benefits available based upon policy provisions, and process claims accordingly; make coverage recommendations to insurers on claims over our authority levels
- Establish accurate, timely, reserves. Interface appropriately with insurers on reserve recommendations over our authority level.
- Interface with insurers regarding claim notifications, claim statuses, and the collection of funds.
- Provide instructions to TPAs and Field Adjusters with regard to coverage issues, claim statues, and claims management.
- Provide monthly claim loss and status reports for insurers, reinsurers, and senior management.
- Monitor open claims for follow up at appropriate weekly/monthly intervals.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
If your qualifications match these requirements, please send a cover letter along with your resume including salary requirements/history to email@example.com . Please put in the subject line “Claims Specialist ” .
- Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts or a B.S. degree in Business Administration or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum of three years of relevant and progressive claims experience
- Must possess strong PC skills including MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and Internet applications
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well with a team or individually
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Overtime hours may be required to fulfill job responsibilities
- Maintenance of good attendance is a condition of employment and an essential function of the job
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon positive criminal background and credit checks.
HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.hcc.com for more information about our companies.
Monster - 12 months ago