Chartered in 1905, American National Insurance Company has evolved into an industry leader, ranking among the largest of life insurance companies in the United States. Directly and through subsidiaries, the company offers a broad line of insurance products and services, including life insurance, annuities, health insurance, property and casualty, credit insurance, and pension plan services.
For over 100 years, American National Insurance Company has been a leader and innovator in the insurance industry and is one of the most respected and financially sound insurers in the United States. If you are seeking a position with a stable yet growing company and opportunity for career progression, American National is the place to be.
Located in our Home Office in Galveston, TX, we are seeking candidates for the position of Claims Technician.
Essential Functions and Duties :
- Assist Life Insurance and Annuity Claims Department in the planning and departmental functions for the handing and processing of various claims and products
- Make claim decisions promptly and accurately in accordance with Company claim philosophy, provisions of company policy contracts and applicable state laws
- Investigate and direct investigators through inspection companies on contestable claims
- Communicate with beneficiaries, branch offices, attorneys, police departments, and inspection companies concerning claim problems, benefits and Company liability
· Associate’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent with 1-2 years experience as a Claims Examiner preferred
· High School diploma or equivalent with 1-2 years of college and 2-3 years experience as a Claims Examiner required
· Great oral and written communication skills
· Highly skilled judgment and extremely responsible analytical mind
· Leadership ability
American National is an Equal Opportunity Employer
American National Family of Companies - 30+ days ago