Class A Die Setter – Stamping Industry
Lake Air’s mission is to build strong partnerships with our customers, suppliers and colleagues by providing exceptional value through innovative solutions, unique manufacturing capabilities and first class service.
Lake Air Metal Stamping is located in New Hope, MN and is seeking a Class A Die Setter. The responsibilities for this position are:
- Sets up power press to trim, punch, shape, notch, draw, or crimp metal.
- Sets up punch presses that automatically perform multiple operations such as roll threading, heading, slotting, slitting, or shearing to form chain or produce fasteners such as bolts and rivets, from hot or cold metals.
- Assembles, installs, and aligns dies in press according to specifications.
- Sets controls to synchronize machine actions for various operations on work piece in specified sequence.
- Instructs the punch press operator in what to look for on the product being manufactured.
- Inspect work piece for conformance to specifications and adjusts machine to correct errors.
- 5+ years experience in new build/repair and troubleshooting of dies as well as experience and ability to work with progressive or transfer dies
- Broad knowledge of machining methods and procedures, shop practices and technology, characteristics of materials, machine tool operations
- Ability to read shop orders, drawings, sketches, specifications, formulas and instructions
- Advanced shop mathematics and mechanical aptitude
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work with teams within a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High School Graduate
- Trade School
Indeed - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard